Compression ridges was :Do you dry the ribs, along with the board, prior to gluing ?

ricb at pianostemmer.no ricb at pianostemmer.no
Fri Feb 1 16:12:46 MST 2008

Hi Dean

Spent a long time looking for this exact post below... one from
Nossaman I rememebered.  I wanted to make sure I had it right.
Several other posts I rant into from Del went along the same lines...
and I almost settled on one of those.

As I understand these posts... what is said is that in the high
treble (assuming enough stiffness to begin with) the amount of mass
is critical... more critical then added stiffness to the sound. And
in the bass stiffness is more critical... once there is enough mass.

Now I can be wrong... have been many times. But I dont think this is
the same thing as saying you want lots of mass and low stiffness in
the treble, and lots of stiffness in the bass and low mass.

Rons post is just below. Its from April in 2003.  It also mentions
what I told Thumpy just a day or two ago... about figuring support
for down bearing based on scale demands.  A lot said in a few words
in that post.

Cheers RicB

Exactly, no. Roughly, yes - in a rib crowned board. Rib stiffness is