Compression ridges was :Do you dry the ribs, along with the board, prior to gluing ?

Richard Brekne ricb at pianostemmer.no
Sat Feb 2 03:15:01 MST 2008

Hi Dean..

Yes... we are on the same page with what you right below as far as it
goes.  But I also understand Del to mean that that stiffness to mass
ratio in bass is lower and in the treble is higher...  gotta run now
much to do today... We'll no doubt get this straight !! :)

Cheers
RicB

    Ric,

    I don't think what we are saying is all that different (I know, it's
    happened before), except you are adding that there is a minimum
    threshold of
    mass desirable for the bass and a minimum threshold of stiffness
    desirable
    for the treble. I would just like to explore what those minimum
    thresholds
    are.

    You are saying stiffness is more important in the bass and mass is more
    important in the treble. By inference then mass is less important in the
    bass and stiffness less important in the treble. That is basically
    the same
    thing I remember Del saying.

    Dean

    Dean May             cell 812.239.3359