Compression ridges was :Do you dry the ribs, along with the board, prior to gluing ?

Ron Nossaman rnossaman at cox.net
Sat Feb 2 08:34:49 MST 2008

>Recommended reading, just
> experience, or what?

Start with what's been written on Pianotech by the people
building boards, ignoring all the misdirection from those who
aren't, and put the pieces together. You'll also find plenty
about why those low tenors go out of tune so far because of
poor scaling.

> Does adding weight to the bottom of the bridge
> just add mass, or somehow decrease in increase stiffness,  I'm so confused.
> Clark A. Sprague, RPT

I'm doing an all day class called "The Belly of the Beast" on
soundboard and bridge design for NEECSO on April 24, followed
by Terry Farrell doing an all day on building one. The PTG
website lists the starting date as the 25th, but the 24th has
classes as well.

Ron N