Free Chickering quarter grand

Paul T Williams pwilliams4 at unlnotes.unl.edu
Mon Feb 4 11:50:20 MST 2008

Good question.

Also, Why are Steinways S,M,L,A,B,D, K,1098? etc?  Maybe "quarter-grand"
was a marketing buzz word??

Or, maybe they knew that would be their future worth!

PW

"Annie Grieshop" <annie at allthingspiano.com>
Sent by: pianotech-bounces at ptg.org
02/04/2008 12:41 PM
Please respond to
annie at allthingspiano.com; Please respond to
Pianotech List <pianotech at ptg.org>

"Pianotech List" <pianotech at ptg.org>
cc

Subject
RE: Free Chickering quarter grand

While we're on the subject:  does anybody know why Chickering called them
Quarter Grands?  My understanding is that the term included their grands
in
the 5'2"-5'6" range, but why were they "quarter"?

Thanks!

Annie G.