Andre's Front Punchings vs Schimmels

piannaman at aol.com piannaman at aol.com
Tue Feb 5 07:35:05 MST 2008

 Though I don't replace as many punchings as I'd like with the Crescendos, I have done several pianos.? Every one of them has showed a remarkable improvement in both touch and tone, as well as ease of regulation.? The point of let off and end of aftertouch have far better definition.? I have had them in my M and H AA for a couple of years now, and have nothing negative to say about them.? As others have pointed out, some people might not like the "hard" landing, and they might not be suitable in certain instruments.

If you haven't used them, I highly recommend trying them.? I first tried them in an action model and even there, one could feel a marked difference...though the tone off the faux string/metal rod didn't improve much....:-)

Dave Stahl
Dave Stahl Piano Service
dstahlpiano.net