Regulating With Metrics

Alan Barnard pianotuner at embarqmail.com
Tue Feb 5 10:09:06 MST 2008

Yes. You have highlighted the problems:

1. It would have to be a 100 percent change and a very swift one, no dallying about and no "dual" systems.
2. The government would have to do it in a very high handed, no nonsense manner.
3. Who's going to put up with that?

Just remember these simple rules:

hectares (ha)  x 2.471 = acres
hectares (ha) x 107,600 = square feet (ft2)
acres x 0.404 69 = hectares (ha, indeed)
square yard = 9 square feet (ft2) = 1,296 square inches (in2)
mile = 5280 feet = 63,360 inches

Etc.

Sample of sane system:

10 mm = 1 cm