Regulating With Metrics

Jurgen Goering pianoforte at pianofortesupply.com
Tue Feb 5 10:55:41 MST 2008

  I can see someone relating to their shoe being a foot long, but this I
truly cannot understand.  One hundredth of a mm, the standard unit on
metric micrometers, is equal to 2.5 thousandths of an inch. Surely you
can measure small distinctions with that.

The downfall when trying to use both systems is where they meet.  Lets
say you have a dip of 10 mm and you find it is a bit too shallow.  You
want to add .008".  How many mm is that now?  ( I know, I did the math
- it is 10.2 mm, but why deal with conversion?)  It is conversion that
screws you up and makes it unwieldy and clumsy.
Jurgen Goering