Regulating With Metrics

reggaepass at aol.com reggaepass at aol.com
Tue Feb 5 11:08:58 MST 2008

Greetings Jurgen & List,

-----Original Message-----
From: Jurgen Goering <pianoforte at pianofortesupply.com>
To: pianotech at ptg.org
Sent: Tue, 5 Feb 2008 9:55 am
Subject: Re: Regulating With Metrics

  I can see someone relating to their shoe being a foot long, but this I
truly cannot understand.  One hundredth of a mm, the standard unit on
metric micrometers, is equal to 2.5 thousandths of an inch. Surely you
can measure small distinctions with that.

Not fine enough resolution for distinguishing different sizes of center pins and piano wire. Also, I have had one or two thousands of an inch make or break my day on larger items as well.  YMMV.

Alan Eder