Regulating With Metrics

Delwin D Fandrich fandrich at pianobuilders.com
Tue Feb 5 11:58:56 MST 2008

One of the first engineers I worked with at Baldwin, lo these many years ago,
pointed out that (with the exception of things like wire diameters and centerpin
diameters) there is very little in the piano that needs to be more accurate than
the width of a pencil lead. Typically that is between 0.5 and 0.9 mm. Nothing I
have seen since has caused me doubt the wisdom of that advice.

Del
Delwin D Fandrich
Piano Design & Manufacturing Consultant
620 South Tower Avenue