Regulating With Metrics

Horace Greeley hgreeley at sonic.net
Wed Feb 6 00:09:12 MST 2008

Hi,

At 04:40 PM 2/5/2008, you wrote:
>All in favour of Del's proposal say I.
>Right then, from now on all piano measurements shall be given in pencil
>leads (pleads for short). So let's see, we have:
>set-off = 4 pleads
>key dip=12 pleads
>hammer throw=57 pleads

Well...ok...I suppose...but, first, shouldn't we consider whether or
not those would be (nominally) 0.5mm, 0.7mm or 0.9mm leads?  I mean,
we really wouldn't want a new standard to get off on the wrong foot
because of misunderstood conventions...would we?  After all, 57
pleads at 0.5mm is a bit different than 57 pleads at 0.9mm.

Cheers.

Horace