Speaking of Steinway grand sizes

J Patrick Draine jpdraine at gmail.com
Wed Feb 6 05:37:09 MST 2008

Ric,While I can understand some reluctance to "rescale" this Steinway (i.e.
depart from the original bass scale), I think it would be very wise to
provide Hellerbass with precise measurements of the bass' string lengths.
If, for example, they were still "playing around" with the bass scale of
this model at that time you could (or might possibly) get into some
unintended results by copying a "similar" bass scale.
Patrick Draine