Speaking of Steinway grand sizes

Mike Spalding mike.spalding1 at verizon.net
Wed Feb 6 06:25:42 MST 2008

Ric,

I'll second what Patrick has stated.  Steinway is not known for putting
the bridges and plate in the same relationship every time.  Further,
their wire diameter selections in the low bass can be improved upon.  If
you still want scale data from the original strings, I can send it to
you, but you'll get better sound by providing precise length
measurements to a stringmaker and having him/her calculate diameters.

Mike