Speaking of Steinway grand sizes

Richard Brekne ricb at pianostemmer.no
Wed Feb 6 08:14:05 MST 2008

Thanks Mike.

I suppose you read my post in reply to Patrick so I need not repeat
anything.  I did end up getting the original scale data... forgot about
my S&S service manual :)

Cheers
RicB

    Ric,

    I'll second what Patrick has stated.  Steinway is not known for putting
    the bridges and plate in the same relationship every time.  Further,
    their wire diameter selections in the low bass can be improved
    upon.  If
    you still want scale data from the original strings, I can send it to
    you, but you'll get better sound by providing precise length
    measurements to a stringmaker and having him/her calculate diameters.

    Mike