Two felts better than one? / was: Andre's Front Punchings

David Love davidlovepianos at comcast.net
Wed Feb 6 19:50:58 MST 2008

A thin strip under the back rail cloth and the cloth only glued down on the
proximal side definitely helps cushion the blow and noise of the key
resetting.

BTW why would putting a thin cloth punching under the conical, firm
punchings at the key front not defeat the purpose of having a firm landing
bed for the key which the Wurzen conical punchings provide on their own?

David Love
davidlovepianos at comcast.net
www.davidlovepianos.com