Speaking of Steinway grand sizes

Jurgen Goering pianoforte at pianofortesupply.com
Thu Feb 7 18:29:18 MST 2008

Ric,
In his book on piano repair, Carl-Johan Forss (a fellow Scandahuvian
:^) included a table with the dimensions of bass stings wound with
different copper sizes on different core wires.  A formula is not give,
but a table is easier to work with anyway to compare different options.

Are you aware of this book? It is now available in English as well - I
just received my copy and will be showing it at a few PTG Conventions
this year.

Jurgen Goering
Piano Forte Supply
(250) 754-2440