37 steps---delayed response

Michael Magness IFixPianos at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 7 18:59:56 MST 2008

On Feb 7, 2008 6:02 PM, David Ilvedson <ilvey at sbcglobal.net> wrote:

>  I believe the 37 steps is prefaced by all the repair, lubricating etc.
> done first.   I bet your regulation procedure will have some steps too?
>
> David Ilvedson, RPT
> Pacifica, CA 94044
>
>  ------------------------------

No Barbara I haven't been to the LRS I'm jest a poor Wisconsin backwoods
hick pianna tech who follows instructions as given. I worked as a private
contractor for over 20 years for a Kawai/Kimball/Samick dealer and had as my
mentor the Baldwin tech who had worked for the former Kimball/Baldwin dealer
prior to leaving their employ to go on his own and later becoming the
Baldwin dealer and becoming the first Samick dealer in the area when Baldwin
went into Chapter 11 Bankruptcy back in '85.

When I see a method called the 37 steps I take it literally, just as I take
a method called the circle of refinement literally. Since the former
requires that I pay them for the acquired knowledge via my transportation,
meals, lodging, etc. plus the sponsership of the competitor of the dealer I
contracted to in a 2 store town. While the latter was provided as a perk of
being the tech for that dealer at no cost to me you will understand how I
became much more familiar with the Kawai method. Between the manuals and the
live support of men like Roger Jolly, Ray Chandler, Don Mannino and others
back when Kawai offered regional support, I devloped a very good working
knowledge of what Kawai meant by the Circle of Refinement.

Mike

email mike at ifixpianos.com