37 steps---delayed response

Israel Stein custos3 at comcast.net
Thu Feb 7 19:53:25 MST 2008

At 05:29 PM 2/7/2008, David Ilvedson wrote:

>I believe the 37 steps is prefaced by all the repair, lubricating
>etc. done first.   I bet your regulation procedure will have some steps too?

I don't think of them as "steps" and I don't present them as"steps",
and my regulation "procedure" consists of about 4 regulation "stages"
the order of "steps" (I prefer to think of them as
"functions")  within which is determined empirically, based on the
particular situation - and not by somebody's list of "steps". And
when I present this in my classes, I very often see the lights go on
as in "gee, now I understand how this works".  It's a lot easier to
demonstrate than explain.

Israel Stein