37 steps---delayed response

Israel Stein custos3 at comcast.net
Thu Feb 7 21:03:58 MST 2008

At 05:29 PM 2/7/2008, David Ilvedson wrote:
>Ok...you might as well explain "there is a lot clearer and less potentially
> >misleading conceptual framework with which to present "Regulation""...
>
>Personally, I found the Yamaha regulation process a fascinating way
>to understand how everything is inter-related and why some things
>are done before other things...but then I didn't go to that fancy
>North Bennet school for training...
>
>David Ilvedson, RPT
>Pacifica, CA  94044

Well, David, you are one of those people who would have probably
learned it on their own one way or another - you most probably have a
high degree of mechanical aptitude and ability for abstract
reasoning. Congratulations - you actually learned what the folks at
Yamaha intended you to learn. But there is lots of people out there
who simply glom on to the ordinal aspect of things - step 1 through
37 and we are done - and never get past it. The desire for a simple
"recipe" for regulation is extremely seductive - and I run into
enough people who just let all that complicated stuff go right past
them - and simply follow the steps in order. All I am saying is that
perhaps a change of perspective might prevent some of that - the
actual knowledge being presented is certainly valuable... .

Israel Stein