Speaking of Steinway grand sizes

Richard Brekne ricb at pianostemmer.no
Fri Feb 8 00:06:38 MST 2008

Hi Jurgen

Yes, I have all three of his books on my book shelf in Norwegian. Havn't
had time to look through them thoroughly since I bought them :)  Always
more to do then time to do it in if you get my meaning.

Thanks muchly for the tip tho... I'll check it out.  As for the books
themselves.  They are getting very good reviews over here and are said
to be as complete a series on piano technology ever produced.  I'm glad
you will be showing them over there.  Hopefully the few piano technology
schools in the US will give them a good look over. Will you be
distributing them in the states ?

Cheers
RicB

    Ric,
    In his book on piano repair, Carl-Johan Forss (a fellow Scandahuvian
    :^) included a table with the dimensions of bass stings wound with
    different copper sizes on different core wires.  A formula is not give,
    but a table is easier to work with anyway to compare different options.

    Are you aware of this book? It is now available in English as well - I
    just received my copy and will be showing it at a few PTG Conventions
    this year.

    Jurgen Goering
    Piano Forte Supply
    (250) 754-2440