how to remove upright pedals

Mark McConnell mconnell1 at instruction.com
Fri Feb 8 00:49:57 MST 2008

I have a customer with an 1870's Steinway upright who would like the
pedals replaced (the thin tin coating is worn right through). I can't
figure out how to remove the pedals though. The pin at the back end of
the pedals is too wide to be pulled through the opening in the case, no
matter how much angling I do. I could snip the pin off the old pedals,
but some replacement pedals I am looking at have pins just as wide, so I
wouldn't be able to push the new ones through. Is there some way to
remove the bottom of the case? Thanks for any advice.

--
Want an e-mail address like mine?