Meet the "Lookerson's"

Alan Barnard pianotuner at embarqmail.com
Sat Feb 9 21:36:26 MST 2008

Ah, but that's when you employ the old fake cold with gooey globs of gooky green mucus and gummy grey phlegm routine. Become the human Snuffleupagain, drool a little, sneeze in ALL directions if you have to.

Or, as I do, politely explain in a kind and gentle manor, your need to concentrate . This scenario is typical ...

"Thank you, audience, you are just fabulous. Please hold all questions until the end. Here are some comment cards for you to quietly fill out. And now please, could we have an thoughtful (and apparently unnatural, for you) silence as Leaderboard Louie addresses the ball .... it's a bad lie, a terrible lie ... the green breaks slightly to the left ... the grass is still wet from last night's sewer back-up ... there is a force five tornado hovering over the cup ..... the block is spongy .... the pin is really tight ... he tweaks the hammer and darn near wrenches his shoulder .... the tension is definitely building ... building ... "Hey Lady, how about you shut up for once!" ... the crowd is hushed, deathly silent ... the rottweilers, Muffin and Mayhem, are released from the basement ... the crowd begins a whispered chant "kill, kill, kill" ...

...and the tuner decides teaching 8th grade math wasn't such a bad job, after all.

Alan Barnard
Salem, MO