Key for Zimmermann

Gregor _ karlkaputt at hotmail.com
Sun Feb 10 07:39:36 MST 2008

I don´t think that it is an East German Piano (German "Democratic" Republic), these beasts were smaller than 115. There was a 115 modell in the beginning 1990 years. I have exactly that one in my store at the moment. I will look up tomorrow for the key when I go to my shop.

I don´t know the US situation, but only 3 different kind of keys fit to 99% of all pianos I tune here in Germany. I guess you can order these keys at any German supplier (Meyne, Jahn, Renner......). I allways have some of these 3 different keys in my toolcase for that requests.

Gregor

From: pianoforte at pianofortesupply.comDate: Sat, 9 Feb 2008 13:46:37 -0800To: pianotech at ptg.orgSubject: Re: Key for Zimmermann

More information, please.  Is this an East Germany vintage piano?  If so, parts may likely be unavailable. Is it a key with a hollow shaft (i.e. is there a pin in the center of the key hole)?  I can supply hardware for German pianos.Perhaps it is best to contact me off-list.Jurgen GoeringPiano Forte Supply(250) 754-2440info at pianofortesupply.comhttp://www.pianofortesupply.comOn Feb 9, 2008, at 10:32, Tony Bajada wrote:
A customer has a Zimmermann Upright, Model 115.  She is missing the key to the fallboard lock and would like to obtain a replacement in order to lock the piano when relatives with children visit.  Does anyone have a contact number for Zimmermann or any website address where I may order one?  Thanks in advance.
Tony Bajada