Soundboard stiffness variances

Richard Brekne ricb at pianostemmer.no
Mon Feb 11 00:41:59 MST 2008

Well... thats the party line at any rate.  Tho I'm not buying it.  To
repeat,

    "I'm working on the premise that it should be equally possible to
    pre-calculate CR system strengths as it is RC&S strengths.  And if
    that be true... then we remove entirely from the discussion all
    issues surrounding the comparative predictability of each type of
    system."

Cheers
RicB

        The problem, as has been outlined many times, is not that the
        RC&S people
        aren't interested in the predictability of the CC system, it's
        that the CC
        system is by its nature unpredictable both in terms of the
        initial outcome
        and the long (or short) term prognosis and sustainability.

        David Love
        davidlovepianos at comcast.net
        www.davidlovepianos.com

    ...I wouldn't really expect any of them
    to be interested in trying to find out how to pre-dict the strength and
    stiffness of a compression reliant system as reliably as they feel they
    can an RS&C system...