Funny... tuning in a nursing home

KeyKat88 at aol.com KeyKat88 at aol.com
Mon Feb 11 06:24:38 MST 2008

Greetings,

        When tuning in a nursing home once, some old woman asked. "What is
she doing?" Others around her told her that I was tuning the piano, then she
kept saying, "No, No...She's trying to play the piano and well....quite frankly,
she can't." She kept yelling over to me, "Hey there, you can stop now " and
that I have no talent.

 People kept telling her I was tuning.  She insisted that I was trying to
play it and couldn't. When I played an arpeggiated chord to test a top octave
note, she obnoxiously clapped and said "Well!,,,now!... that sounded like
something!...then I went back to tuning the unison, and she sarcastically said, "Ok!
that's it, everybody, show's over, that was it, wasn't that great?...she kept
her vocalising till the tuning was done. It was a scream!

Julia
Reading, PA

48)