Soundboard stiffness variances

Jude Reveley/Absolute Piano juderev at verizon.net
Mon Feb 11 07:04:53 MST 2008

> The problem, as has been outlined many times, is not that the RC&S people
> aren't interested in the predictability of the CC system, it's that the CC
> system is by its nature unpredictable both in terms of the initial outcome
> and the long (or short) term prognosis and sustainability.
>
> David Love
> davidlovepianos at comcast.net
> www.davidlovepianos.com

Well put, David. My instinct and experience would lead me to agree. It would sort of be like measuring Heisenberg's particle in that the very stiffness we would try to measure is always changing, just by our very breath as we lean over the thing to examine it.

Jude Reveley, RPT
Absolute Piano Restoration, LLC
Lowell, Massachusetts
(978) 323-4545