tuning in a nursing home

David Doremus algiers_piano at bellsouth.net
Mon Feb 11 07:14:49 MST 2008

I had a fairly sad experience when I was just starting out. A well
dressed lady sat by the piano I was working on the entire time, very
patiently. When I was done and putting things back together she came up
to me and said "Thanks for the dance, it's time to take me home now." An
orderly had to steer her back to her room so I could leave. I've also
done some work in charity nursing homes that were unbelievably bleak,
there must be better options..

--Dave
  New Orleans