Steinway parts

Andy Rudoff andy at rudoff.com
Tue Feb 12 09:50:38 MST 2008

> I keep forgetting this is not a closed list, which it should be. There
> is no reason
> for the public to garner trade secrets from the list especially
> shade-tree-DIY
> types screwing up their own pianos.  Close the list, PTG members only.

This list is an open list for any interested piano technicians, whether or
not they are PTG members.  It is also open to anyone else interested, for
that matter.  Thirteen years ago, when we chartered this open list (provided
by PTG as a community service) we also created a PTG members only list, PTG-L.
If you want to discuss things that only PTG members should read, that's the
place to do it (or we can create additional members only lists as necessary).
This list is the open forum and I believe it has hugely benefited from being
open.

-andy