Steinway parts

Diane Hofstetter dianepianotuner at msn.com
Tue Feb 12 11:20:27 MST 2008

It's common business practice by virtually every business to build in a profit margin on anything they sell--that's how they stay in business. The ACTUAL cost, IS the retail cost.  And there are so many variables connected with this.

One example is that I moved from the very high cost of living San Francisco Bay area to a much more reasonable cost of living area--the greater Portland area.  Rebuilding jobs in total are much less expensive here than in California. Tunings cost less.  My home costs less.  Gas used to cost a fraction of what it did in CA, but unfortunately, it caught up :-(

Diane

Steinway parts
Paul T Williams pwilliams4 at unlnotes.unl.edu

Me thinks that the issue is that most techs (as well as mechanics,
computer repair, plumbers, etc) build in a profit margin on parts and if
the general public knows the ACTUAL cost, they might raise a stink about
it.  Although when I get my car fixed, I just grumble and pay the bill. pw

Diane Hofstetter