feathered onlookers

Diane Hofstetter dianepianotuner at msn.com
Tue Feb 12 22:13:47 MST 2008

feathered onlookers
JIMRPT at aol.com
In a message dated 2/12/08 2:47:06 AM, dianepianotuner at msn.com writes:

> I would just die myself if I hurt a customer's pet and can imagine the
> horror you must have felt, looking at that parrot spread out on the floor.

Diane;
 Years ago I had a customer who had a beautiful Siamese Cat. Now I am an
animal lover and thought this cat was great. She, the cat, had an annoying habit
of sitting in the corner while I was tuning and giving out that screeching howl
that Siamese make. Very hard to tune with that noise going on and the
customer thought it was cute that the cat was willing to help me!!!!
 One time as I was trying to tune the bass section a string broke on a C# ,
flew out the back of the piano and struck the cat!!!!! The cat left the room in
a huge   huff and never came out again that day and would not stay in the
room on my subsequent tuning visits. :-)
Jim B (FL)

Wonderful Jim! Best Karma you could hope for.

 That's what was so GREAT about Paul's story.  The rapid back and forth of emotions, his great descriptions--you can see his hands over his head, tuning hammer held tightly, the fear of the unknown B-52, the horror of  the dead bird, the blurting out of "not now!" The just rewards of the bird forever staying at a distance--unfortunately it still sqwaked.

We should all write a book--they might even make a movie of it.
Diane
Diane Hofstetter