Steinway parts

Diane Hofstetter dianepianotuner at msn.com
Tue Feb 12 22:36:05 MST 2008

Don pianotuna at accesscomm.ca said:

Hi,

The list is very valuable and I'm sure has attracted members simply because
it *is* open. Don't change it! But do remember that it is open and be
moderate.

In 1993, after 15 years membership in the PTG and attending regional and national conventions annually, I quit the guild because of political pressures--I wasn't a tuner and nasty things happened because I made my living as a repairer-rebuilder, competing with "qualified" members.

In 1999, after my husband-business partner had a stroke, I was confined to the house, caring for him, and started reading pianotech for something to do.  It is because of pianotech that I am now a member of PTG again.

Diane

Diane Hofstetter