Young Chang crunchy damper - Update

Michelle Smith michelle at smithpianoservice.com
Wed Feb 13 10:49:04 MST 2008

Hi all.  I went back to the Young Chang today with the noisy damper system.
Before attempting anything intense, I decided to rough up the felt that sits
on the damper lever tray with an emery board.  The sound was instantly gone.
I don't expect this to be a long term fix (the felt obviously needs to be
replaced) but it was nice to make a drastic change without taking the piano
apart!

As always thanks for your advice.  Pianotech is such a great resource for
people like me who live in rural areas.

Take care!

Michelle Smith

Bastrop, Texas