Accu tuner readings

paul bruesch paul at bruesch.net
Thu Feb 14 15:56:28 MST 2008

Rick,

And by all means, work -- hard -- on your aural skills at every opportunity.
The longer you wait, relying on your SAT, the harder it is to learn the
skills that we all need to have to be better tuners. Don't ask me how I
know....

Just today, using my SAT for a pitch raise and it suddenly froze when I
tried to re-measure flatness. I thought Oh Crap, here I am in the stix with
an old upright... I'm sure I'd be able to finish the PR, but tuning
reasonably well was very questionable on a marginal piano. I only practice
aural skills with "better" pianos, i.e. grands and modern uprights. I've
been making (something of) a living at this for 2-1/2 years... I oughtta be
better at aural tuning... I'm getting there, little by little, but I
definitely use the SAT as a crutch, and I kick myself for not pushing myself
much harder much sooner.

My 2/100 of a semi-tone...

Paul Bruesch
Stillwater, MN