Valuing ourselves

Erwinspiano at aol.com Erwinspiano at aol.com
Thu Feb 14 18:34:03 MST 2008

Wim
  Well put.
  Dale

Schools  and churches are notorious to ask for discounts. I give them a
discount when  I'm asked to tune more than one piano in the same building. But
certainly not  just because they want me to tune the same piano every month, or
so.

One way to get around the question of a discount, is when  an administrator,
or church secretary, asks for a discount, just  because it's a church, is to
ask if they work at a  discount.

Also, when I'm asked if I give church discounts, I tell  them that I tune the
pianos at my church as part of my tithing, and that I  can't afford to give
to other churches, too. That usually satisfy  them.

Willem (Wim) Blees, RPT
Piano  Tuner/Technician
Honolulu, HI
Author of