Valuing ourselves

Richard Brekne ricb at pianostemmer.no
Fri Feb 15 13:06:10 MST 2008

Yes... taxes taken into consideration... we even have less money to
spend !  The market is just about full of the same kinda folks over here
as it is there.  Cost of living is higher because of taxes... but then
we have nearly all needed health insurances paid for.  You guys may not
pay for that through your taxes... but you end up putting out at least
as much for it (if you can afford it at all) as we do through private
companies.

Shore'nuf... some variance in prices rural vs city is to be expected...
but how anyone can really thrive at 85 bucks a piano I dont know... nor
do I see why it should be necessary. Your going to have to tune in
excess of 1000 pianos a year (or the equivalant)  to do a decent living.
Either its da pianos or you'd better have a darn good Dampp Chaser /
Piano Polish buisness on the side :):)

Cheers
RicB

    Richard Brekne wrote:

     > My standard price over here is 1150 NOK + 25 % VAT.
     > Cheers
     > RicB

    Nice work if you can get it.

    If I charged 262.50 USD here, I'd be like that other Iowa icon, the
    Maytag repairman - extinct.

    Your market and Norsk tax structure are a bit different than rural Iowa.

    IOW, YMMV!!

    --
    Conrad Hoffsommer, RPT - Keyboard Technician
    1-(563)-387-1204 // Fax 1-(563)-387-1076