Beautiful Sika SPruce

Erwinspiano at aol.com Erwinspiano at aol.com
Fri Feb 15 23:54:22 MST 2008

In a message dated 2/15/2008 4:37:06 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,
rnossaman at cox.net writes:
  I Have  huge cabinet shop nearby & they have a  massive panel sander. Also
With the panel joining set up I have they come out  quite flat.
    Final thickness is another matter. I  have thinned the panels on the top
side with a 3 horse Freud plunge  router.  The router has a huge 2 inch bit
that quickly  takes  off the unwanted thickness.  The router is fastened to a
large flat  piece of Plexiglas. I start at one end & just run it back and forth
till I get to the other end. I intentionally leave slight ridges  untouched
by the pit & the Plexiglas utilizes them to finding a platform to  ride on.
Make sense ...or no? At that point it looks rather  frightening...Yikes! however
an hour with the sander & it's looking quite  respectable.
   Dale
Jude,  Dale,
How are you guys final thicknessing your panels after glue up?
Ron  N

Awards. Go to AOL Music.