plate tension and temperaments

A440A at aol.com A440A at aol.com
Sat Feb 16 21:40:45 MST 2008

Julia writes:

<< Would tuning a Valotti or Young temperament play havoc on the
harp/plate tensions? In other words, would I have trouble stablizing a piano
back
to ET if me (or a customer) did not like it?  >>

I have never had any problems moving among these tunings.  The cumulative
difference is very small.  What I have run into more often are customers that
tell me that they never want to go back to strict ET, (currently about 90% of
customers).

Ed Foote RPT
 <BR><BR><BR>**************<BR>Ideas to please picky eaters. Watch video on
AOL Living.<BR>