Valuing ourselves !!!!!

JWyatt1492 at aol.com JWyatt1492 at aol.com
Sun Feb 17 14:25:19 MST 2008

Hello to everyone,

  In the first eight or ten years of being a
professional  Technician,  I thought,  I realized
that I was still an amateur. I gave most everyone
discounts.
  You do more work, let volume make  up the
difference "right".   WRONG,  WRONG.

    If I raised my price I will  Iose customers,  etc,
etc.    I would justify this  thinking in dozens  of
other ways. Like I am a good guy, they will love me,
 my kids really don't need new shoes.

 I then realized that I was a "  pricing  coward  ".

  The next day I took the cure.  It was not easy,
I was scared but I stuck with my decision.

 That was the first 6 or 8 years  for the next  54
years I have NOT been a pricing coward.

    I  do not need  an excuse to  raise  my fees.
I  do not need  to  justify my fees TO ANYBODY.
I raise them when   "I feel like it."

   If I find that I am not the highest paid tuner
in town    I   FIX  THAT  IMMEDIATELY.

   One day I paid $ 580 for a set of tires for
my service truck.  The next day I wanted to
raise my tuning fee.     So  I   DID.

   If you want to establish  a large and loyal
customer  base   CHARGE  A  LOT  and
DO GOOD WORK. Deliver what you promise.

   In Anaheim I will be giving a class on just
this one thing.  The name of this class is

   "  POINT BLANK BUSINESS  "

  I told the Seminar Director that this was a
hard hitting,  no holds barred  BUSINESS
CLASS.
  I said maybe she wanted to think about it,
 she promptly  told me to get it ready.

  I will present a " Blue Print of a Mind Set  ''
that will cause good things to happen  for you,
your family and your customers.

    I will tell you what did not work for me
and  will tell you what did work for me in
no uncertain terms.

  Being ethical and doing good work is
necessary.

   I tune concert grands of all brands, I
tune uprights,  I tune Sq. pianos,  I tune
baby grands,  I tune Lester, Whitney Sp.s
and I tune Player pianos.  Because I am
a   " Professional".      I shall always  be.

Respectfully,
Jack Wyatt

2050827?NCID=aolcmp00300000002598)