software tuner

Ron Koval drwoodwind at hotmail.com
Sun Feb 17 17:10:38 MST 2008

I've had this tuner on my palm Treo 650 for a while now.  It's great at school for quick tune ups after I've worked on a violin or other string instrument.  My daughter uses it for her harp with her newer Treo.  Don't think it is precise enough for piano work, but easily equal to my first Korg that I used to use!

It has a really good auto note finder, and may be a good thing for chip tuning, or just to have handy.  It's nice that it's on my phone all the time!  Best to calibrate it after a download - my palm needs to be set at 442.5 to be on pitch, while my daughter's was right on.

I was glad to finally see something that works for the palm platform.

Ron Koval
Chicagoland

Hi,Came across this in my surfing. I've not tried it yet.http://www.phonature.com:8092/home/products_mpApp_PhonTuner.htmRegards,Don Rose, B.Mus., A.M.U.S., A.MUS., R.P.T.