Whole room humidity control better than Dampp Chaser. ( Right?)

J Patrick Draine jpdraine at gmail.com
Mon Feb 18 05:59:00 MST 2008

Greg,My (anecdotal) observation is that a standard DC installation on a
grand will not promote oxidation of steel strings and copper windings, while
usage of a room humidifier often will result in rapid accumulation of rust &
dull brown copper windings. If customers are inclined to use a room
humidifier I urge them to keep the lid closed when not in use. Customers
sometimes blast the mist right into the piano -- sigh -- they think they're
"doing the right thing."

Patrick Draine