Whole room humidity control better than Dampp Chaser. ( Right?)

Greg Newell gnewell at ameritech.net
Mon Feb 18 06:48:57 MST 2008

Patrick,

I completely agree. My post, however, was dealing with the prevention of
oxidation and/or rust not the promotion of it. A DC unit in a grand won’t do
much to prevent it. One could argue that the string cover will retain some
of the DC unit’s effects but it seems to me that little is afforded here
since the only pass through from the underside of the soundboard to the top
side are through the nose bolt holes. I doubt that the amount of air passing
through these holes in the board are enough to effect much of a change
topside.

Greg Newell

Greg's Piano Forté

www.gregspianoforte.com