Whole room humidity control better than Dampp Chaser. ( Right?)

Conrad Hoffsommer hoffsoco at luther.edu
Mon Feb 18 09:01:16 MST 2008

J Patrick Draine wrote:
> While I'm not eager to call my clients names ("stupid"),

The better term is "ignorant". There's no cure for stupid.

We have the opportunity to try to fix "ignorant"...

The best environment for a piano is constant temp and humidity.
Three bears porridge style, not too hot/cold, not too dry/wet...

Venue, budget and commitment come into play now.

If the closest solution to achieving the ideal is via whole
room/house/building control, great!

If the closest is a full skirt cover, string cover and thousand part DC
is the way to go, the customer has to be committed to maintaining the
water in the tank(s), and knowing what to do if the red light stays on.

Most pianos exist in less-than-ideal conditions. Keep a supply of
strings, etc. and billing pad handy.

--
Conrad Hoffsommer, RPT - Keyboard Technician
1-(563)-387-1204 // Fax 1-(563)-387-1076