Mark-up (was Steinway parts)

paulrevenkojones at aol.com paulrevenkojones at aol.com
Tue Feb 19 14:54:38 MST 2008

    I am trusted, here. I have eaten a lot of unpaid work because I did poor
job of estimating what a job should cost, and there at the bench, made the
decision to go ahead and do what needed to be done without changing my original
contract with them.  It pays off in the long run, and eventually I have gotten
my prices "tuned" to what I know I will be doing,   I have had customers tell
me that they have never spent as much on their instrument before, but knowing
that I stand behind the work was well worth the difference.

Ed:

Not only tuning prices, but the pocketbook lessons teach me how to estimate better. We have never, not once,
raised our price on a job after the estimate is signed. And we have eaten a lot of mistakes and unseen stuff over the years.
Keeps us on our toes!

Paul