Hand Plane Chatter

Fenton Murray fmurray at cruzio.com
Wed Feb 20 13:06:51 MST 2008

4 more cents. The sole must be dead flat, I know it's adjustable. Adjust it flat and true up on fine sand paper laid out on flat glass or something similar. Any high spots will show up right away with your first couple passes as witness marks from the sand paper. I know, you want to cut wood, not spend a week tuning up your hand plane.
Fenton