Dust Collection

Greg Newell gnewell at ameritech.net
Wed Feb 20 14:20:33 MST 2008

You can also make your own with plans from www.plansnow.com .

Greg Newell

Greg's Piano Forté

www.gregspianoforte.com

216-226-3791 (office)

216-470-8634 (mobile)

From: pianotech-bounces at ptg.org [mailto:pianotech-bounces at ptg.org] On Behalf
Of William R. Monroe
Sent: Wednesday, February 20, 2008 3:42 PM
To: Pianotech List
Subject: Re: Dust Collection

List,

I'm getting ready to spend more hard earned bucks on housing my air
compressor and dust collection outside. In the process I'm going to switch
from the old bag type dust collector to a cyclone system. I've been looking
at the following web site and may very likely invest in their product if I'm
not convinced otherwise. Anyone out there with a cyclone care to share their
thoughts on this product, or another?

http://www.clearvuecyclones.com/

Thanks,

Fenton

Fenton,

FWIW, my father-in-law invested in Oneida.  Has been very pleased.  I've
seen his system and like it very much.  I too will be upgrading my dust
collection in the near future and expect to go with the Oneida 3hp.
American Woodworker did a Cyclone evaluation in the January 2006 issue, and,
among other things, the Oneida 3hp system has the highest CFM rating at the
impeller, and has a pretty good curve as well, as the static pressure
increases.  They also provide free ductwork design for you if you give them
your shop layout.  Clearvue didn't have a cyclone in the test, so I can't
contrast the Oneida with it.  See:

http://www.oneida-air.com/newsite/gorilla_landing.php

Best,

William R. Monroe