Grand Piano drop screw tool?

Kent Swafford kswafford at gmail.com
Wed Feb 20 15:23:13 MST 2008

On Feb 20, 2008, at 1:32 AM, David Nereson wrote:

> there are still not available acceptable tools for certain aspects
> of regulation, namely a dependable, durable, fine-bladed screwdriver
> with a sleeve encasing the blade so it won't slip off the screw.

One of the first things I was taught about piano technology was that
supply house tools do not come ready to use. Expect to finish them.
With this attitude, many of the tools that some find exasperating, I
find, after some modification, to be fine tools. I love the Pianotek
double-ended drop screw regulator. Some time at a PTG chapter meeting
with a jeweler's file left me with the pictured tool. It works
beautifully!

You can spend some minutes modifying a tool, or you can spend the rest
or your career modifying every drop screw you meet. That's not much of
a choice, if you ask me.

Kent