Ibach whazzit

A440A at aol.com A440A at aol.com
Wed Feb 20 19:45:33 MST 2008

Greetings,
      OK, I give up.  I don't have a clue what this thing is, and am hoping
maybe someone familiar with Ibach pianos knows.   This is a rather old, small
grand.  Three bridges with the last 7 or 8 notes on a separate bridge with tall
"stilts" holding a brass bar on the lower bridge.
        There is a spring loaded button in the top of the treble side music
desk support.  It operates a small lever located down below the support, but it
is not connected to anything I can see.  It has a small concave surface on
the top, but pushing on it does nothing but flex the spring it is connected to.
Anybody seen one of these and know what it is for?  There may be something
missing, as this piano has been rebuilt.
Thanks,

Ed Foote RPT
 <BR><BR><BR>**************<BR>Ideas to please picky eaters. Watch video on
AOL Living.<BR>