CF carbon fiber lever

Kent Swafford kswafford at gmail.com
Fri Feb 22 08:28:57 MST 2008

Sheesh.

I love this list. If I were to post here the true statement "The sky
is blue", I would expect to have to discuss the effects of cloud
cover, nighttime, sunrise/sunset, etc. The sky is still %*!%(#*& blue
though.

My Fujan, as I tune with it, weighs 243 grams. This is incredibly
light-weight.

My CF carbon fiber lever, as I tune with it, weighs 256 grams, and is
a half inch longer than my Fujan. This is incredibly light-weight.

I thought that the Jahn levers I have held in my hand contained steel
shafts and were considerably heavier. What is the construction/
description of the lightweight Jahn?

According to Wikipedia, 6061aluminum, the alloy used by Faulk, is
widely used for construction of aircraft structures, such as wings and
fuselages; sounds strong to me.

The Fujan is engineered for stiffness, high leverage, light weight,
comfortable shape, modular construction, etc. Is it safe to say that
economy is not the strong suit of the Fujan?

The Faulk is stiff and light-weight, and is highly customer-
customizable for length and for the shape and appearance of the
handle. Some handle choices would increase the weight significantly.
Expensive by historical standards, the Faulk is significantly less
expensive than the Fujan.

Both have beautiful balance, as far as I am concerned.

Each customer gets to decide which factors are the more important. You
pays your money and you takes your choice -- I love the freedom of
that part, too.

Kent