What do YOU call this type of mahogany ???

Prof. Euphonious Thump lclgcnp at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 22 10:45:43 MST 2008

     I've heard it called "wavy", "flame-grain" and
"quarter-sawn" ( my personal preference ). As you
know, it was used on a  lot of pre-WWI pianos, and is
extremely pretty.
     Thump

P.S. This 1911 K-52 Steinway is the one I'm trying to
sell. New hammers, keytops, rubber wheels, refinished.
EXCELLENT soundboard, bridges and pinblock! ( Tunes
"like new"!!! )
    Best "unrestored" Steinway I've ever seen, sounds
very good "as is", and with plenty of potential.
     If interested, please write or call.
( All offers considered. )

Thump

(706) 351-7817