"No-Name" upright with SUPERB , unusual rib design !!!!!!!!

Prof. Euphonious Thump lclgcnp at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 22 10:36:58 MST 2008

     Just a "Raymond" from Cleveland, but the ribs are
in a  fan-pattern with the vortex up past the treble
end, and they're very tall ( about an inch ) with a
pointed "spine". ( Meaning that this is an RC&S board,
I suspect. ) In cross section, they'd sort of look
like a child's drawing of a house.
    The piano also has a plate that goes right through
the bottom board, a mandolion rail, and a highly
figured mahogany case. It was, perhaps, the best
sounding upright I've ever heard, with a resonant,
clear-as-a-bell treble, and a truly thunderous bass.
     W,N&G action, and a perfect set of ivories. I've
cleaned it, stripped it, de-strung it and broken it
down into a "piano kit", ready for rebuilding.

    Too bad it'll probably go to the dump, if no one
wants it.

Thump

--- "Prof. Euphonious Thump" <lclgcnp at yahoo.com>