Bending Bridges and Cut-offs

Farrell mfarrel2 at tampabay.rr.com
Fri Feb 22 14:35:59 MST 2008

Dean May asked me to post pictures of the bridges I showed in clamps last night as they progress, so here goes. The bridges, a transition bridge and a bass bridge, are for another rebuilder who had retained my services to constructing them along with a cut-off bar and a set of laminated ribs. The rebuilder requested the pieces in the raw, oversized, and unfinished condtion - he will be cutting to size and doing all the shaping and finishing of the bridges, cut-off and ribs.

Such as they are, below is a picture of the bridges this morning right after taking them out of the clamps/forms and peeling the plastic off - lots of epoxy squeeze-out and all very messy looking:

Picture below is after the bridges (and cut-off and rib slabs) have had tape removed and edges cleaned up (ran 'em throught the bandsaw) - the cardboard is for packaging:

Close-up, from left to right, of the cut-off bar, the transition bridge and the bass bridge:

And away we go!

Eighty-four degrees out today - glad my vehicular air conditioning is working well!

Terry Farrell
Farrell Piano

www.farrellpiano.com
terry at farrellpiano.com